Welcome to the MGS
Founded in 1962 as a friendship society and a language centre here in Penang, we strive for mutual understanding between Malaysians and Germans. We are not only a German language centre but also well known for our cultural activities such as exhibitions, movie nights and talks. In addition, we host many social events for members and friends throughout the year including our yearly Oktoberfest celebration which draws huge crowds from Penang and far beyond!
“We strive together in friendship for success!”
Kindly note the opening hours of the office, the MGS office is closed on public holidays.
Signup the MGS Newsletter receive regular information about our events and activities.
Upcoming Event with MGS:
- Deepavali Pot Luck @ MGS - 4-Nov (FRI)
- Movie Night - 8-Nov (TUE) - Cancelled
- Georgetown German Heritage Trail - 13-Nov (SUN)
- Chinese Tea Ceremony @ MGS - 20-Nov (SUN) *min 10pax to conduct
- MGS Christmas Market - 4-Dec (SUN)
- Click HERE to register for Kids Christmas Workshop
- 2023* - Malay Cultural Fiesta - 15-Jan (SUN)
MGS 2022 Oktoberfest Video Highlights